Coronavirus Preparedness and Prevention
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has presented many challenges in the daily lives of Texans and Americans in general, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to reopen our practice to individuals in the San Antonio community. Our number one priority has always been the safety of our patients, and the ongoing pandemic has only strengthened our commitment to your health and overall well-being.
Since our office’s temporary closure, the team at Ayala Plastic Surgery is strictly following the infection control recommendations set forth by the U.S. Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our team members are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) and each individual is evaluated daily for potential health concerns. We continue to uphold rigorous standards of cleanliness by frequently disinfecting all equipment and surfaces of our office, and we have additionally implemented multiple hand-sanitizing stations throughout the practice.
In abundance of caution, we ask that you abide by the following safety guidelines when visiting our practice:
Before Your Appointment
- We kindly ask that you wear a face mask that covers the entirety of your nose and mouth.
- One of our team members will contact you to ask preliminary COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please show up at your appointment alone, unless you are under the age of 18—minors can have a legal guardian present at their visit.
During Your Visit
- Please call when you arrive at our practice and stay in your car until a staff member gives you clearance to proceed to our office. This allows us to better manage appointments in a manner conducive to physical distancing.
- At the time of your visit, we will ask you additional COVID-19 screening questions and take your temperature.
- We kindly require you to keep your facemask on for the duration of your visit.
- We encourage you to utilize the hand sanitizing stations when you arrive. These areas are interspersed throughout the office so you can sanitize as desired.
Rescheduling Your Appointment
Please reschedule your appointment if you have experienced any of the following in the past 14 days:
- Exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Fever- or flu-like symptoms, such as a dry cough, weakness, breathing difficulties, or a loss of taste or smell
- Recent travel to a city, state, or country that has been affected by a coronavirus outbreak
If you are interested in our cosmetic treatments but you would rather stay home, our nurse practitioner and/or Dr. John Ayala, our board-certified plastic surgeon, can conduct a virtual consultation via Skype® to discuss your concerns and schedule your treatment at a later date.
Please don’t hesitate to call our office at (210) 960-5477 to speak personally with a member of our team, or if you would like to reschedule your treatment. We are available to answer all of your questions and concerns during this period of uncertainty.